How to Install Segment on a Tumblr Blog [Deprecated]
Official support from Segment for this plugin is deprecated. The current version of this plugin should be free of bugs but any existing and future development will be paused for the time being. We recommend exploring and using third party alternatives.
We are currently looking for community maintainers! If you’re interested in maintaining or contributing to any of our plugins or guides, we'll gladly send some Segment swag your way in return for any merged PRs. Don't forget to give us a heads up via our contact form when you submit a PR.
Segment makes it simple to add a bunch of great analytics and engagement tools to your Tumblr blog.
- Open your Tumblr Dashboard in a new window.
- Click Settings (the gear icon) at the top of your Tumblr Dashboard.
- Click the blog you’d like to update on the left side of the page.
- Click “Customize” in the Theme section.
- Paste the Segment snippet into the “Description” field.
- Click “Save.”
That’s it! Now you can start trying out some tools through Segment.
We recommend trying out these tools on your Tumblr blog to track analytics and engagement:
- Google Analytics
- Lucky Orange