Can't create Contacts in Hubspot through S

Hi,

My account id is 2484981, it's a paid account. I'll open a ticket shortly too, tried before but was redirected to workplaces because the state was not logged-in.

Been trying to find why data is not reaching Hubspot; Followed the documentation and spent a lot of time testing; call identify(uid, { email, firstName, lastName }), also followed by track or page, both tested! Meanwhile tested Hubspot directly and works fine!

I've sharing some live code for you to test and see yourself, a basic html page for the hubspot implementation that works and a similar segment implementation that fails!

Segment basic html, fails:
https://paste.ee/p/1sjNF

Hubspot basic html, works:
https://paste.ee/p/6Ez0y

Also, data reaches Mixpanel and other destinations but not Hubspot. A different implementation using nodejs works through the server side api, but not the client side version and the most basic;

Thank you!

11replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Helder,

I went ahead and answered you in the email thread you also created. Please see take a look at it at your convenience.

Best,
    Spencer
    Success Engineer | Segment

Reply Upvote
  • I'll reply back to you there, but it's mentioned that there's a possible issue with the API key, but as you see below the key is the same. I do use a different key during development too, but it's the same in the settings directory; I'm going to test placing this same prod key for the dev and staging environment to test though.

Reply Upvote
  • Also, would like to mention that the basic html page I have shared with the segment js, is using the correct key; I'll double check the hubspot account number, but I did that before; I've spend a lot of time doing meany different tests, I'd appreciate you guys check my account bellow, put the API key and hubspot id of your liking (for example the one I have from my account, and I should see the data in my hubspot account).

Also, see the screenshot bellow, the API key is the same hubspot provided & segment settings:

Reply Upvote
  • Here's a screenshot with the account number, it's also the same. Remember to check the original post and the basic implementation that is using this data and there are no contacts created. You can access my account information and put it yourself and then I can screenshot the hubspot dashboard, no contact is generated.

Reply Upvote
  • I can see the contact in Hubspot at the moment. A few notes:
    - I haven't change the API keys or Account number
    - Used the same basic script provided above, apart from changing the unique key and email

The screenshot above from Hubspots contact dashboard, Friday time, displays the last contact created through the non-Segment Hubspot basic implementation script, that is "heldertestermanual1626@g"
    Today I re-run the original Segment Hubspot script with "heldertester1041@g", "heldertestermanual1922@g" and finally the failed "heldertestermanual1822@g"; All numbered accordingly and looking at the hubspot contact account, we now have *screenshot bellow

*the contacts used in test have an incremental number to determine when the test happened

Now the question is, what changed exactly? Did you guys do anything in your end?

Reply Upvote
  • Nope! Doesn't work again! Same, basic script as before. Seriously, for my own sanity, can you guys please check what's going on with Segment? I don't know how many more hours and tests you want me to do but, it's a bit too much. This needs to work 100% of the time, not once in awhile.

Reply Upvote
  • Just to make sure, looked at the basic HubSpot script and it's not passing the data, now I need to report it to Hubspot. So, this might all be related to Hubspot, I'll keep this thread open, and share this with them so that they can also track down what's going on. It's not reliable.

Reply Upvote
  • Hubspot is not reliable

Reply Upvote
  • Hi Helder,

I apologize for the frustrations you're having with Hubspot through Segment. I went ahead and answered you in the ticket you opened. Please let me know, either here or there, if there is anything I can do while you wait to hear back from Hubspot.

Best,
    Spencer
    Success Engineer | Segment

Reply Upvote
  • I appreciate that this thread was public. Can support keep community threads on the community forum in case users like myself are experiencing similar issues?

Reply Upvote