Skip to main content

Major Issues with Klayvio

• 28 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Trying to get Segment events to deliver to Klayvio but having major issues. Track events are not being delivered. Have tried to map events but have been pretty unsuccessful here other than seemingly getting identify() to work. I keep receiving the below error: 

Segments docs on how to map events to Klayvio are pretty barebones. It also seems based on Segments docs that the Klayvio integration should be pretty seamless but that is definitely not the case in my experience. 

We are also hitting something similar.

We were able to get Identify working with existing mappings but having trouble mapping the Track Event call. The default mapping requires a Segment object to be mapped to the “Profile” Klaviyo Action field. Hovering over the info icon on this field says “Properties of the profile that triggered this event.” We’ve tried mapping various objects to this field but receive various Klaviyo errors when sending a test event.

Any idea what object should be mapped to Profile?

--- RESOLVED

My co-worker had the great idea to choose Edit Object (vs Select Object) on the Segment side of that mapping. Once this was selected, we were able to map individual fields. Hope this helps!