Skip to main content

This is my use case:

I (Admin) have created a few sources. I have given access to source A to my team member, and they need to create a destination that links to source A. However, it seems like only I can create destination, and they cannot. Is there such a setting in User Access Management that would make this possible?

The main point is that I don’t want to be the only one creating destinations, because I could make a mistake when connecting sources to destinations, since I have access to all sources. I’d rather someone who only has access to one source, create the destination.

Unless I’m mistaken, granting your team member the “Source Admin” role gives them the ability to connect a new Destination, but the scope of that role is broader than just Destination connections.

Of note, once a single instance of a Destination has been created, you should be able to use the “Copy Settings From Other Destination” feature so that you are not manually populating all the setup options for each new Destination.

> granting your team member the “Source Admin” role gives them the ability to connect a new Destination

Unfortunately they were not able to create a new destination, even though I gave them the Source Admin role.

I’ve verified with a team member that the Source Admin role that they are able to create a Destination and connect it to a Source. Did you grant “Source Admin” for all or individual Sources?

I’ve only granted them access to an Individual Source, so that they can create a Destination and connect it with that Source only. In our use case, we don’t want to give that user access to ALL sources, since that could result in them connecting to the wrong source.

Hi @Tri Le

Reading through the thread, I wanted to double-check and see if their ability to connect the destination has been resolved? 

If not, it might be worth bringing up that although (in general) the Admin access permissions are on the all-or-nothing side it is possible to restrict access further using labels. More documentation on this here, if I’m understanding it correctly you could give the user more generalized permissions so they can add a destination but (hypothesizing here) restrict things via these labels so they can only add destinations tied to a specific source. 

I want to caveat this with the fact that I’m considered a non-technical resource, but hopefully this provides a potential direction to take in further troubleshooting. And Thank You, Gray Sanborn, for the contributions above as well!